If Black People Said The Stuff White People Say
OK, the internet has just won everything. i have nothing left to fucking say. just watch this please and get right.
*my hopes of representation in the media just manifested*
every time i see this i laugh so hard i’m in physical pain
OOFFF COOOOURRSSSEEE IIITTTSSS AAANNNN OOORRAAANNGGEEE III JUUUSSSTTT TOOOOLLLDDD YOOOUUUU IIIITTTSSS AAANNNN OOORRRAAAANNGGGEEEEE
dont date a boy who puts you up on a pedestal. dont date a boy who treats you like a prize. date a boy who is obsessed with aliens and is in the fbi. date a boy who eats sunflower seeds and throws pencils into the ceiling. thats the boy you deserve.
How about you date whoever makes you happy? Even if they put you on a pedestal.
Reasons why I’m excited for “Dear White People:”
- Black actors portraying 3-dimensional characters
- Honest social commentary
- Targeted to the college age demographic
- Thorough exploration of the various forms of racism in America
- Tessa Thompson’s voice and Tyler William’s afro wig
Reasons why I’m not excited for “Dear White People:”
- White people calling it racist
- Mainstream media agreeing with the white people calling it racist
I can’t believe I’m sparring with the Avatar!